Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How the dogs...Became zombie dogs in Penumbra overture -----=POSSIBLE SPOILERS------=
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a thought on the dogs in penumbra overture please note that there may be spoilers for those who havent played BP or Overture At all.

So where to begin. the dogs said many times were once Guard dogs in the mine.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\SPOILER/////////////////////////////////////////////
Spoiler below!
In penumbra Black blague theres the turngait virus which wiped the entire facility ( The Shelter) out. and created the Infected. so the infection may not of been contained and spread to certain parts of the mine. so maybe it crept into all of the dogs food or water and at first the dogs may of seemed kind of visious. no worries there but then some may of started burrowing and hiding out getting the workers a bit freaked out. then that could of been where the workers started vanishing from the mine. So people like red and spider hater fled and were safe for the time being but then you hear spider-hater geting killed and as you read the notes you find out he encountered some sort of feral beasts. later when you encounter the dogs they do look kind of maimed plus their glowing eyes. so im guessing theres a possibilty of the turngait virus being used and spread to the mine and caused the guard dogs to kill all of the workers then flee into the mine waiting for their next prey.
do you agree with this or am i simply crazy? sorry for being a bit vague on some details also.
Spoiler below!
I'm almost certain that the dogs are infected by the Tuurngait. It was said somewhere it infects any living organism, so dogs certainly are an organism.

On a slightly related note, the dogs and possibly rock worms being connected to the hive mind might be a reasonable explanation for how Red could see where Phillip was all the time. Even if the dogs didn't pick up on the senses they had that he was near them, sneaking by, or breaking their face open, the hive could know.
[spoiler]I don´t think the dogs were connected to the Hive Mind. If they were, they wouldn´t need to howl in order to call in reinforcements. But yeah, they were definately infected.[/spoilers]
No need for tagging if the thread name says "possible spoilers".

I don't think the dogs were infected though the water or something. As far as I remember the Tuurngait "virus" wasn't actually a virus, wasn't it just Tuurngait spirits flying into and driving people nuts? Or was it a virus until the people were infected whichafter the fully turned Tuurngait could communicate telephatically? I haven't really understood how all that worked yet.
Anyhow from what I remember Philip got infected just walking around, before jumping into the water, suggesting it spread through the air or is "spirit" ish since Amabel wasn't infected.

Anyhow, that the dogs were connected to the Hive Mind is one of the more interesting things I've heard in a while. Right now Red's allknowingness is one of the biggest mysteries (or plot holes). However, I guess that theory would be burst by that Red probably talks to Philip at least once when he is not close to any dog and while not hearing any Rock Worm rumbles.

By the way Spider-hater fled at first signs of infection and Red was trapped outside the Shelter far before the outbreak from what I can tell, like exactly 30 years.