Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: First Horror Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, Soma will be my first horror game I will ever play through(deadspeace/ resident evil don't count in my book). I have already preloaded it and am ready to play it as soon as it releases. I picked up a copy of amnesia when it was free this week and wanted to know if it was worth my time to play it. I get spooked pretty easily in games like this, also it's a shame someone has streamed the game already and has been ranting on about how its been bad even though he most likely has a copy from beta and is just a troll, regardless I am very excited for the game.
I would HIGHLY recommend Amnesia: TDD. It's the game that rebooted survival horror games when they were deemed 'unpopular'. True, the Penumbra games came before but this is the game that kicked off YouTube celebrities and is still played and modded today!

The main campaign is an unnerving experience, if you haven't seen gameplay of it. If you have then I suggest giving Custom Stories a go.

Penumbra is not working for me and you would probably have to reinstall your driver for it to work so I would say give Amnesia a try, you WON'T regret it. Big Grin
(09-19-2015, 09:18 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: [ -> ]I would HIGHLY recommend Amnesia: TDD. It's the game that rebooted survival horror games when they were deemed 'unpopular'. True, the Penumbra games came before but this is the game that kicked off YouTube celebrities and is still played and modded today!

The main campaign is an unnerving experience, if you haven't seen gameplay of it. If you have then I suggest giving Custom Stories a go.

Penumbra is not working for me and you would probably have to reinstall your driver for it to work so I would say give Amnesia a try, you WON'T regret it. Big Grin

Should I wait until tonight to play?
yes. please.
This will be my second (the first one being AMFP) "blind" horror game, not counting Dead Space 1 and 2.

I've followed the development of SOMA for years, but the closer we get to the launch, the less I'm actually looking forward to playing it because I'm starting to realize how scary it will be. Big Grin
(09-19-2015, 10:21 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]This will be my second (the first one being AMFP) "blind" horror game, not counting Dead Space 1 and 2.

I've followed the development of SOMA for years, but the closer we get to the launch, the less I'm actually looking forward to playing it because I'm starting to realize how scary it will be. Big Grin

I really do hope it's as scary as I think its going to be
(09-19-2015, 11:02 PM)MrGiraffe Wrote: [ -> ]I really do hope it's as scary as I think its going to be

I'm sure we're in for quite a ride ..

Also if you're looking for a scary time in the meanwhile, like TheDoctorPoo, I'd wholeheartedly recommend The Dark Descent. If you get spooked easily like you said, that game should be interesting to put it mildly.
(09-19-2015, 11:28 PM)Sampyli Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2015, 11:02 PM)MrGiraffe Wrote: [ -> ]I really do hope it's as scary as I think its going to be

I'm sure we're in for quite a ride ..

Also if you're looking for a scary time in the meanwhile, like TheDoctorPoo, I'd wholeheartedly recommend The Dark Descent. If you get spooked easily like you said, that game should be interesting to put it mildly.

Yup planning on playing it in a few hours