Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Crashes on Late 2013 Mac Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Stealthbug

Crashed. Here's the log.

Thanks again for the help, guys.
It did not use the settings file. Hmm did you put it IN the folder? It should be next to the folder.

Stealthbug

This is what happens when I try to do things at 4:55AM.

Heh, here is the log with the file having been NEXT to the folder.
I'm afraid I'm not sure what to do. I will have to ask the Mac porter to look into this. Do you know if you are running a 64-bit OS X? You can check by opening the terminal (in Applications/Utilities/) and type uname -a and hit enter. It should say something like "14.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0: Wed Jul 29 02:26:53 PDT 2015; root:xnu-2782.40.9~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64"
In case you're unaware, all OS X versions past 10.6 Snow Leopard (from 2009) are 64-bit only. Anything after 2011 should be 64-bit. OP says he has a 2013 MP.

Considering the OP wrote that the error specifies a C:/ path, this has me thinking someone were testing in a Windows environment and forgot to update an absolute path. Obviously you will never find anything on C:/ on a Mac since it doesn't exist.

I can test running the game on my Mac later today (in about 6 hours) and see if I have any issues like this.
Yeah I was fairly certain os x was 64 bit only, wanted to make sure!

The hpl.log was not the correct one so do not pay attention to it Smile
I see. I'll do a test anyway. Hopefully there will be no issues.

In the mean time I suppose a clean reinstall could be worth trying out.
Stealthbug, do you get a system crash report when the game crashes? If we could get that it would be helpful.

Stealthbug

Yes. Here it is.

Also, I performed a clean reinstall, restart, verfied the game cache, and no luck

The game does not work with multiple monitors on mac.
I unplugged both of my additional monitors, and the game opened.

Additionally,
It doesn't appear to crash if I plug the monitors in AFTER the game has booted up.
Pages: 1 2 3