Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Crashes on Late 2013 Mac Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Stealthbug

HPL.log shows: "ERROR: Unable to open config file 'C:/Users/Peter/Documents/HPL3/ParticleEditor.cfg'! Invalid filepointer returned!"

Mac Pro: Late 2013
Processor 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
Memory 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC
Graphics AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB
Software OS X 10.9.5

Forgot to mention: It crashes upon trying to boot, immediately after it finishes loading what I assume to be the menu.
Could you upload the full log file?
How are you starting the game? That error looks like its trying to start an Editor and not the game

Stealthbug

I'm trying to open the game from Steam. I also tried to open the game with the launcher in the steam folder for the game.
Do you get an error message box that pops up with any other message?

Also which folder did you get the log file from?

Stealthbug

Nothing other than the default "SOMA quit unexpectedly." box.

The log came from the steam apps SOMA folder. Is there a second log file somewhere else?
Did you start the lanucher after getting the crash with Soma? It could be that the log file got overwritten
Could you try to start Soma again and then send the log file directly after it has crashed?

The log can be found here

Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/SOMA

Stealthbug

(09-22-2015, 09:21 AM)nebej Wrote: [ -> ]Did you start the lanucher after getting the crash with Soma? It could be that the log file got overwritten
Could you try to start Soma again and then send the log file directly after it has crashed?

That's actually what I did. I'll try it again though.

Here's the other file! From the correct directory.
Can you post the user settings file from Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/SOMA as well. Would like to modify it and see if running in a window with lower resolution will make the game start properly as a first test.

Stealthbug

There doesn't appear to be any user settings file. The SOMA folder from application support has hpl.log, hpl_update.log, and a folder that contains my steam name followed by a number of characters.

The folder, however, is completely empty.
(09-22-2015, 09:39 AM)Stealthbug Wrote: [ -> ]There doesn't appear to be any user settings file. The SOMA folder from application support has hpl.log, hpl_update.log, and a folder that contains my steam name followed by a number of characters.

The folder, however, is completely empty.

Ah right of course, the game crashes so it does not create one.

Take the attached file and put it in ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/SOMA then rename the file so that it has the name of the folder followed by _user_settings.cfg

Example
Folder: steamsuer_xl1029
File: steamsuer_xl1029_user_settings.cfg

Then try and run the game, if crash, please repost the hpl.log.
Pages: 1 2 3