Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The Abyss (spoilers!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished the abyssal trench section, and it is absolutely brilliant. (My favorite part was when I got lured by a mutant angler fish.) I think it must have been influenced by Hodgson's "The Night Land".
Yes that fish was sooooo WEIRD Big Grin and i ran straight in it! Was sooo bad!
Lol yeah or how you can barely see the next light, really makes you feel like you could get lost. That's something I like about the entire game, even though you follow the story, it makes you feel like you went where you chose to go.
In site Alpha, I decided not to kill WAU. A giant worm-like fish killed Johan Ross and continued to stalk me to site Phi. Does anything different happen if I kill WAU? Does it really work or is it just a trick set up by the AI?
The angler fish freaked me the fuck out, so well done moment. I rushed it because of the light, the moment I realized what it was I turned and ran all the way back through the nasty spider cave.
(09-23-2015, 06:31 AM)GhylTarvoke Wrote: [ -> ]I just finished the abyssal trench section, and it is absolutely brilliant. (My favorite part was when I got lured by a mutant angler fish.) I think it must have been influenced by Hodgson's "The Night Land".

yeah, these last underwater sections in the abyss were the most frantic, gut, wrenching, discomforting, desperate moments I ever experienced in a video game. specially after you escape the WAU core. you don't know what the f is going on, you run like hell until you see some light. one of the best part of the game. after that the last section in the launch center is a heart warming moment.