Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Why
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ragekage20

I know there is a lot that can go wrong with games and I'm trying to be understanding, but a lot of people can not even open the game, I feel like this is something you check before releasing the game. I know I am weird but when I pay near 30$ for a game I kinda expect that it will work when I push the play button...Now I have to wait til almost October for my new computer to arrive and hope it works on that one. Man I was gonna have a great night playing SOMA and now it has been an hour and a half scouring the internet trying everything possible to get the game to work with no luck, night completely ruined.
Could you post some information about your PC? What are your specs? Would you post the log file as well, as written in the troubleshooting guide?
Read through both of the troubleshooting guides and do as they recommend:
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30644.html
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30585.html

If they do not help resolve your issue, then please post your log file as Mugbill has said. It will be at the following location based on operating system:

Windows Vista, 7 & 8.x: Documents\My Games\SOMA\
Linux: ~/.local/share/frictionalgames/SOMA/
Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/SOMA

Initializing Graphics Module
--------------------------------------------------------
Init lowlevel graphics: -1x-1 bpp:32 rr: 60 fs:0 ms:0 driver: 0 cap:'SOMA Loading...' posSad-1x-1)
Available drivers:
(0) - 'windows'
(1) - 'dummy'
Creating window: (-1,-1) 1366 x 768 - 32 bpp flags: 3
Setting display mode: 1366 x 768 - 32 bpp 60 hz
Init Glew...OK
Setting up OpenGL
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer: GeForce GT 525M/PCI/SSE2
Version: 4.2.0

Manufacture: Intel HD

Drivers were updated didnt fix

Wont attack the log for some reason

Wont Attach the log for some reason* I can copy and paste the whole thing if need be