Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra: Overture - Resolution Glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Wolfen Shadow

So, I recently bought the game "Penumbra: Overture" on Steam and I was changing the graphics settings. I turned the resolution to the highest (1920 x 1080) and then it glitched out. The screen is zoomed in and then in the main menu, the mouse doesn't work, so I can't change the settings. Also, since I can't navigate the main menu with the keyboard, there is literally nothing I can do in game to fix this issue.

So i tried some other options, which didn't work. Finally, I went in and deleted the actual Penumbra Overture folder on my computer and then re-downloaded the game, but when I opened it, the resolution was still set, so the game is still broken. Apparently the setting is saved somewhere else besides the game folder, but I don't know how to reset it. Any help?
Settings file is in your home, hidden. .frictionalgames/Penumbra/ delete it and the game will use default settings on next launch,
I don't see where Linux is mentioned, so in case OP is using Windows, then the directory would be Documents\Penumbra Overture

Wolfen Shadow

(09-23-2015, 06:11 PM)Mugbill Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see where Linux is mentioned, so in case OP is using Windows, then the directory would be Documents\Penumbra Overture

Thank you, so much! That worked Smile