Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Controller Mapping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MadamSharky

Hello! I finally got the game to work and just aquired the Omnitool!

The problem is, I'm playing with a USB Xbox controller, and I can't seem to open the tool up. I don't have the arrow buttons the game thinks I have.

I tried setting it up on the game, but it only has mapping for the keyboard. I would rather not use the keyboard, and my fingers don't respond as well as they do with a controller.

Is there a way to assign buttons to the controller that I'm missing? Please let me know!

Not sure if it helps, but I'm playing on a windows PC, and the game is running smoothly on my NVIDIA processor.

Thanks!
What do you mean open the tool up?

(09-23-2015, 09:01 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean open the tool up?

The Omnitool. I can't access it on my controller, because it's assign to buttons that don't exist on my Xbox controller, and I can't seem to assign buttons for the controller, unless I'm mistaken? I only found you can assign actions on the keyboard, but I wanted to know If I could just assign the omnitool button on my controller?
But there is no button for accessing the omnitool, it appears on screen when you can use it.

(09-23-2015, 09:33 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]But there is no button for accessing the omnitool, it appears on screen when you can use it.

The game gave me this:

[Image: lOHzMcT.jpg]

Followed by a white Omnitool flashing icon on the bottom. It would seem the game wants me to use it upon receiving it. I'm not sure, this is my first time playing. But I think I should be able to access my inventory, but nothing works.
The icon on the bottom that appears when you press the inventory button is a minimalist inventory system rather than an indication of what you can use right then.

(09-23-2015, 10:22 PM)BrokenJadeMirror Wrote: [ -> ]The icon on the bottom that appears when you press the inventory button is a minimalist inventory system rather than an indication of what you can use right then.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

However my original question was can I assign buttons on my controller for this game? I've found I can only do it for the keyboard, and not the controller. I'd like to be able to look at my inventory if I want to, even if it isn't used that much, which is why I figured I could just change which button accesses it. Is this possible?
Afraid not, only able to switch between the two different maps.