Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [split] Crash on start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So...

I restarted the game from the beginning (using the super-low-quality-graphics option) and played through to the comm room; this time, after the flooding, the game continued. So something worked that time. OTOH now the textures are super buggy on the seafloor and it looks like someone's laying down blue yoga mats under the sea plants.
Are you sure it worked becasue the super low graphics? Not just because you used the beta patch?
I think for the beta patch to work, you have to replay from a level before the level with the flooding. So if you tested with the patch before and it did not work, then it might have been because you loaded a save in the same level as flooding?
Can you please show a screenshot of how the seafloor looks with the buggy graphics on low?
Well, I would, but now the post-comm checkpoint save won't load. The loading bar gets to the end but 'press any button' doesn't show up.
Deleted and reinstalled the game via Steam, played through the whole first section again, still got the comm room bug.
Do you still have this issue? I have a nvidia 650m and I fixed this exact issue and don't have any graphics problems. If you still have issues please post detailed system information. You can get this from Steam->Help->System Information. If you are running on an older version of OS X I believe updating to a newer version (which will update your graphics drivers) will solve any remaining issues.

(09-30-2015, 08:36 PM)AaronKOG Wrote: [ -> ]Do you still have this issue? I have a nvidia 650m and I fixed this exact issue and don't have any graphics problems.

Well, what did you do?
Make sure you are running 1.02 version of the game and that if needed you replay using a save from the previous level.
Okay, I'm going to uninstall SOMA from Steam, and then get rid of everything in the Library folder on top of that.
Nuked everything I could find, reinstalled SOMA, and then replayed the game from the start. Same bug.
Pages: 1 2 3