Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Will there be a database for all functions in the game (Like Amnesia)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious if you guys are going to go through the long and arduous process of displaying all main functions (premade) of the engine like what was done for HPL2 and Amnesia, or should I start digging into the scripts folder and learning everything from there? Thanks!
I'm certain this will come if it isn't there already. If not, I'm sure the community will dig through and upload bits and pieces to the wiki Wink

I added all the AMFP functions to the Amnesia scripts page a while back. It was a hassle but I wouldn't mind doing it again, should I have the time.
If you follow this guide you'll make use of all the comments that explains all scripts, the code is very documented. https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl3/3rdparty/codelite

Can configure for other programs as well, but we used codelite during the project.
It doesn't look like we (at least I) have write permissions on the HPL3 section of the wiki. Will this be changed? Will we have a section dedicated to anyone?

I assume this is either because you guys forgot to add the permissions (seeing as it was also hidden before) OR just the fact that you don't want people messing up your docs right now heh.
There will not be write permission. We can make a separate section for HPL3_community or something like that?
Much better than nothing. I'm sure some people will want to cook things up on the wiki.
I for one, if I learn a thing or two, would be happy to throw together some tutorials. And knowing Mugbill above me, he'll probably like to throw together some videos and post them on the wiki.

Thus I believe an area where we can freely edit would be beneficial to some of us forum dwellers to boast some creativity, but also spread some ideas without clogging up the User Created Content.
One Rom's and Mug's secret wiki club coming up!
Oh, if you find anything in the regular HPL3 documentation that is incorrect, needs updating, improvement let us know.
Pages: 1 2