Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: RE Random System Freezes (Possible Spoilers)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Witch Döctor

I've already made a post like this before, believing the problem was solved but apparently it wasn't.

So once again, the game completely freezes my system, forcing me to hard-reset it.

I've tried some further possible fixes, namely -
  • Disabling SSAO
  • Disabling Bloom
  • Disabling Color Separation
  • Disabling Video Distortion Effects
None of which have worked.

I have noticed though it happens in more specific places (Screenshots attached, taken from Youtube) -
  • Right before waking up after the brain scan [attachment=5291]
  • First monster encounter, before heading to the dome roof in Upsilon [attachment=5292]
  • Where you unplug 3 of 4 plugs in order to unlock the escape pod(where you trigger the monster chase)[attachment=5293]
  • Comm Center before getting to Theta, near Akers' desk (where the sucker thing is at) [attachment=5294]

Thanks again in advance.
Can you post your system details again please?

Witch Döctor

In case it proves any help, I've reattached the hpl.log file.

GPU: ASUS Radeon R9 270 DirectCU II OC
RAM: 8GB DDR3
CPU: Intel i5-4460T @ 1.90GHz

Need anything else?
I think all of these are places where the game is saved, do you recall seeing the scan icon in the corner of the screen when crashing?

Witch Döctor

Not really, it can also happen when I simply wander around.

I've actually thought it might possibly happen due to the sucker being around.
Hi,

If this happens again, please send the log file directly after it has happened, that might help us pinpoint what the problem is.
Have you verified the cache integrity? In steam right-click soma, properties, local files, verify cache integrity. See if it re-downloads and files.

I have verified cache integrity before, there were no missing/corrupted files.

I am now attempting to recreate the problem to post the log as requested

It hasn't happened again so far, so I will post the log here the next time it does happen (if it does).

Thanks again.

Witch Döctor

Haven't had a chance in a long time to play SOMA due to personal life issues.

Now that I did have the chance, I've had the problem again and I've posted the hpl.log as it is after the freeze and reboot.

Witch Döctor

Bump, it's been almost a week
Pages: 1 2