Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can't progress because the game crash here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have a crash when I click on... that thing :
[Image: lMEyY8t.jpg]

It's very strange because the game seems to be working well until I click there (and I guess that I MUST click there)

Hope that someone can help me ^^'
Can you try verify cache integrity, it seems you might lack some file.
In steam, right-click soma, properties, local files, verify cache integrity.
I was experiencing the exact same issue about an hour ago. Jens' suggestion of verifying cache integrity fixed it!
Me too, it worked, but now, I have another one ^^'
The game crash here :
[Image: z1N0zSf.jpg]

Same crash, and I guess that the verification of the cache integrity won't work... I'll try it anyway.

[SPOILER] EDIT : It's when you find the shattlestation Upsilon B
Please post the log from after the game crashes, the log you uploaded shows that the game was closed properly.

I'm getting the same thing, I cannot continue as it does it everytime..

This is at the bottom of the log file:

"-------------- SAVE THREAD INIT -----------------
Cloud saved: Main/AutoSave_01-01-upsilon-awake_2015_9_25_14_6_4_0.sav
Cloud saved: Main/CheckPoint.sav
-------------- SAVE THREAD COMPLETED -----------------
ERROR: Could not find light 'PointLight_storage_wau_flower_1' for function 'Light_SetFlickerActive'
ERROR: Could not find sound entity talkingdoornoise in Sound_Stop
ERROR: Could not create event data 'player/foley/default/hand_animation/wau_flower_touch_1'. Cause: The requested event, event group, event category or event property could not be found.
ERROR: Could not found sound event data Player/foley/default/hand_animation/wau_flower_touch_1"
and what systems are you using? windows, mac or linux?

Windows 7 64 bit
16 gigs Ram
Intel Core i7 Sandybridge (2600k) 3.40GHz
Geforce GTX 550 TI (Driver Version 353.62)

I'm busy verifying game cache to see if it helps at all.
I have managed to recreate the touching wau flower crash so we are working on that now.

Yrfan: Please repost an hpl.log when it craashes and also include details about your system. If you have a save game then attach that as well.

Sorry I did another cache verification and it worked, but the game froze a bit during that scene. I'll try to find out a save file of this scene.