Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Loading a Custom Story(MAC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just finished SOMA and I wanted to tryout the [Developer Test]Small Custom Campaign, so I downloaded it on steam, but I cant find how to play it. I've tried finding the "second play button" and modlauncher, but I cant find it, I even created an folder called "mods" on steam>steamapps>common>SOMA>mods and put the downloaded content there.
I don't think Mac has that feature ready quite yet. At least the editors aren't, and if the modlauncher isn't either, then it might be so.
Well, worst case scenario, I'm sure you could resort to how total conversions in Amnesia worked for now: replacing the "main_init.cfg" file.
Ah yes, now that you mention it, I think FG said to use that as a temporary solution until it's been implemented. Though, don't replace the config file, just add a launch option instead.

For Steam, that would be on the properties of the game > Set launch options.
For retail, you can use a .bat file to launch the SOMA.exe file with arguments.

The argument should be the relative path to the new config:
mods/modname/config/main_init.cfg - Or similar
Gonna try the argument later, I just installed windows with bootcamp, so now I can usa all the features, already trying the level editor. But thanks anyway Smile