Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: SPOILERS what is it like to be a SOMA monster?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think would it be like to be a SOMA enemy?

Some monsters retained their sanity, although not all realize they are not in their human form.
Catherine is fully sane and aware of her body. As is Simon (although not in the beginning, he is sane but unaware of his physical body)

The wrangler underneath the comm center is like Simon, appears to be mentally sane but unaware he's a stationary robot, and instead seems to think he's injured and unable to move.

One of the aquatic robots was delusional but at least non-hostile, seemed to think he was working and not realising he was just floating around. I think he still believed he was controlling the machine via a pilot seat instead of actually being trapped in it.

The little helper robot had no capability of being controlled via pilot seat, it probably always had the same simple helper AI and wasn't compromised by WAU, probably why it didn't do anything but open doors and pick you up if you fell into the Abyss, I don't think this robot had any awareness.

The robot on the floor in the geothermal plant seems to be aware of her condition, but is also none hostile. I think she had come to terms with her fate, being stuck on the ground, kept alive by two tubes feeding her. As she begs you to keep her alive and says she was "okay" and "happy" when you kill her.

The robot outside Theta appears to be sane aswell, and even realizes something is physically amiss and rationalizes that she might be in the Ark.

Many more are insane, but how do they perceive Simon ? To them, he would be a walking corpse! He's creepy as hell. The monster in Tau must be exactly what Simon looks like when he roams around Pathos-2.
My assumption is that some went insane and some are just in a some kind of state of "lucid dreaming" when they are still connected to WAU somehow yet mobile. Basically for them, the world around is a wild mix of WAU's "paradise" and real world.
I think many that realized what has happened to them cannot handle it and lose their minds, becoming violent and disoriented. Imagine being one of those "injured" robots, but still retaining consciousness, after a long time of being completely stuck in pain but not dying, you will lose your mind. It seems to me a lot of them are in a kind of active catatonic state, where they are moving and have somewhat of a purpose but their minds are completely numb and unrational
The proxy at Omicron was mainly crying, manically laughing and probably in a lot of pain.
It functioned almost exactly like the Witch in Left 4 Dead, got aggravated when in close proximity to it, otherwise just crying and staying still.