Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Make it DirectX already!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please, for christs sake, make DirectX games in the future or implement a 3D SBS mode with adjustable Focal plane and general depth! It is so annoying to have to rely on http://3dsurroundgaming.com for the game to show 3D and even then most shadows are out of place. The immersion is so much more greater than in plain 2D.

All the best.
Please only post your topic once. Right now it is in the correct forum.

Perhaps it is a developmental constraint as to why Frictional Games cannot develop a game in DirectX?
Right now it is in the wrong subforum.

Whether it is a developmental constraint as to why Frictional Games don't develop a game in DirectX is for them to elaborate, not for a foreigner like you seem to be.
What are you trying to get at here? With all due respect, I'm finding it somewhat hard to take you seriously.
(10-05-2015, 11:48 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]I'm finding it hard to take you seriously.

I have never taken you seriously.
Then we're both in the same boat, brother. Want some Snickers?

[Image: MJbva7p.png]
Okay this is going out of hand.

The reason why it's duplicated is because this forum did not give me permission to remove my own threads.

Understand that I want this done, not being discussed by random strangers who are not part of the development team. I won't reply to anyone further who is not part of the development team about this issue.
(10-05-2015, 11:56 AM)Ahmed Quast Wrote: [ -> ]I won't reply to anyone further who is not part of the development team about this issue.

people are sharing their opinions, the guy you called a foreigner is a moderator

if you want a closed discussion with FG, PM them don't make a public thread about it

get your attitude checked
See, DirectX is Windows only, and so if they were to create the game using it, they would lose their availablility for OS X/Linux distros, something I'm sure they're quite fond of.

It's fine to want something done, but you can't expect your wish to be granted without questions.
It is definitely true that only the developer will be able to answer your question for sure, but that does not mean there isn't any merit to the word of other members who have thoughts on the matter. Sometimes they also bring up good points to think about.

Also Ahmed Quast, I will have to request that you respond to other members with more respect and give them proper courtesy. You will find that they will be more than willing to help if you yourself treat them with courtesy. If you do not then I will be forced to begin deleting your posts which do not treat other members with courtesy.

Remember: This does NOT mean you are not allowed to ask questions regarding the game but it does mean you are not allowed to treat other members with disrespect.
Pages: 1 2