Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Rotate an entity to face another entity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
More or less what the title says. The Camera object has a built in "RotateTo" function, but I can't find anything for general entity use, and I'm not sure how to go about using the matrices route.

EDIT: What I mean by this is how to rotate an object to face another object in code.
[Image: 5eGaCYS.png]
(10-13-2015, 06:43 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 5eGaCYS.png]

[Image: CRayS3a.gif]
(10-13-2015, 06:43 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 5eGaCYS.png]

I guess it's my fault for not clarifying, I meant how to achieve this rotation in code.
CharMover_TurnToEntity() seems to be capable of making a character face an entity. It might be possible to trick the game into thinking your entity is character. I dont know if this function requires any additional helper files, as I have never used it before.
(10-13-2015, 11:21 PM)The Mug Wrote: [ -> ]CharMover_TurnToEntity() seems to be capable of making a character face an entity. It might be possible to trick the game into thinking your entity is character. I dont know if this function requires any additional helper files, as I have never used it before.

Looking through the hpc_api, it does seem like there might be a couple ways to trick the CharMover_TurnToEntity function (or perhaps more useful to this particular application, the CharMover_TurnInstantlyToEntity function) into using non-character entities, but this does seem like an odd absence for the API to have. I'll have to give it a test when I get a second at some point.