Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Anyone else sick of monsters?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished Theta Labs, and like the game so far (please no spoilers past this point). I've played all of Frictional Games except the steamer that the TCR dumped out. Anyway I'm just sort of sick of monsters. I understand that they are there to be scary, pressure you, and to move you forward, but isn't there another way to do so? It's not that they aren't scary it's just annoying having to run, and hide from them. Maybe I'm just missing the point of them, but I don't find any enjoyment out of running away from a generic lab experiment gone wrong. The true terror thus far has been from questioning whether you exist, how you exist, and just the plot alone. What I am getting at is the monsters are just an annoyance, and I feel like they are kind of overused. Why not just let the player explore freely? I can understand using them every once in a while for a paranoia, and to make the player move forward, but spamming them isn't really the way to go in my opinion.
LITERALLY right below your thread:

Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
They definitely aren't lab experiments
Quote:I've played all of Frictional Games except the steamer that the TCR dumped out.

Your post is you begging for a game like A Machine For Pigs.
Spoiler below!
You don't have to run