Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What about "Horror" in Amnesia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think, Amnesia is not eerie enough.
A old castle in 18th century and the environment is not so dirty and dark like in Penumbra.

What about the Horror in this game?
the maps have too much brightness and there are not much scary moments.
Or I see it wrong?

We have not seen a trailer or a video that demonstrate true eerieness.
The game looks like USK 12.

Frictional Games, I do not like brutality but I like it, if the horror means eerieness. So, that your own blood freezed.:razz:

Can you built-in scary moments like this here?
[Image: ohsrczw6.jpg]
(Picture: The Grudge 3)

A horror-game without corpses or bloody floors is not a true horror-game.

Or we have not seen the real eerieness.:question:
We have not really shown the game yet, so please be patient Wink:
(01-07-2010, 11:20 AM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]We have not really shown the game yet, so please be patient Wink:

Yeah, be patient Tongue
Random dead body isn't scary.

Overture and the Tech Demo were certainly extremely scary for me but contained no corpses. How can that be?
yeah lets hope we dont have to wait long Wink
Blood doesn't make game scarier, neither does the corpses.
Most of the atmosphere comes from the lightning, music and sounds.
@Scraper

Yes, that's all correct.
Music, atmosphere, sounds and environment are the main things to influence eerieness.

But dead bodys and blood are the second highlight to shock the player.
I was really shocked, if I saw the first corpse on the floor in Black Plague by the laser.
And as I jumped over the laser, the corpse whispered "Help Me".
The corpse in Requiem was so scary, too.

That gives the game a more dangerous atmosphere.
(01-07-2010, 08:52 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]Random dead body isn't scary.

Overture and the Tech Demo were certainly extremely scary for me but contained no corpses. How can that be?
Yeah? What about the guy falling out of nowhere in the Kennels? Saw some Youtube vid with a guy totally shitting in his pants at that place.

Also I believe corpses and blood can be used to increase tension and all, but a dead body completely still on the ground, well lit and without horror music, that won't be scary. All elements have to come together. Dead bodies shock and increase the feeling of vulnerability (typo?).
I thought the arms in the walls in the dreamworld-thing were pretty creepy.
(01-08-2010, 07:12 PM)Kedjane Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2010, 08:52 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]Random dead body isn't scary.

Yeah? What about the guy falling out of nowhere in the Kennels? Saw some Youtube vid with a guy totally shitting in his pants at that place.

I meant the stupid picture he posted. But the corpses didn't scare me as much as the actual threats. Maybe it's because I'm so hardened by now that nothing much actually scares me.
I want eerieness and a creepy atmosphere, that's what makes horror games scary. The falling corpse in the kennels didn't actually creep me out but rather made me jump out of surpriseness.
Pages: 1 2 3