Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Cannot climb certain ladder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hey,

I have been having a great SOMA experience so far with no issues, but I have reached a room filled with water that involves climbing higher and higher through ladders. I have been able to climb all ladders with no problems, but when I get to the top of one of the ladders, my character freezes. I can move around, I can turn my flashlight on and off, but my character does not automatically climb up when I get to the top and once I get to the top, my character does not move backwards or forwards using W and S. I am not allowed to move unless I jump off the ladder, and once I get back on the ladder the problem persists, but only with this one ladder!

Please help with any suggestions as I would really like to continue my gameplay and not be stopped by a ladder glitch! Thanks!

Melissa
Try reloading your second most recent save using Load Game from the menu. The game may have not loaded a particular script or did not process a particular code block.

(10-24-2015, 08:48 AM)Modulator Wrote: [ -> ]Try reloading your second most recent save using Load Game from the menu. The game may have not loaded a particular script or did not process a particular code block.

I tried reloading the game from the Load Game menu starting from saves that were hours ago as well and the glitch still occurred.

I think I got the same issue however you don't even need to climb to the top to proceed.

Same here, namely these ladders, sometimes its not climbing onto the platform, well all of the time it's not for me. https://youtu.be/1Ga-GQU9VsQ?t=17m41s