Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: SOMA Crashes on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ParkbenchM

SOMA runs perfectly fine when it does manage to launch. The FPS is fine and it does not crash. In the HPL logs after a succesful launch my GTX 860M is noted and the Open GL number is higher than 3.3.0. Now 80% of the time the game immediatly crashes upon starting and the hpl log states that the card had Open GL 1 and the card was absent (including the integrated one). I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled both graphics cards; disabled one and the other; turned off a bunch of background programs while trying to run the game; updated the drivers; and verified the integrity as well as apply administrator settings and compatability settings. If i somehow magically get the game to start, it will play fine for the duration until I restart my computer. It will then give the same error; and I have to do a myriad of things again and sometimes it doesnt even work.

Does anyone have any suggestions from hearing this or solutions that worked for them?
You can set the game to start with the Nvidia card manually via the Nvidia Control Panel.

Nvidia Optimus also has a right click option which allows you to select between iGPU and dGPU.