Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Mac OS X Saved game location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an unusual question.. but here goes..

In Penumbra I put all the settings and saved game files in Library/Preferences/Frictional Games/Penumbra. For Amnesia I'm looking at other possible places to put it instead.. I would like input on where it makes SENSE to put these files based on experience from other games..
The best place in my opinion is <Amnesia>/save or /savedgames or just about any folder name that screams "your saves are here". It's where the user expects to find it.

Edit: er, didn't notice this was for mac. still.

also for windows please Tongue
For me, I would prefer it to be under <User>/Library/Application Support/<Game Name> as the majority of OS X applications use that location for data/preference storage. Keeps thing tidier, unlike the Preferences folder which is already a mess with widget and system com files.
(05-12-2010, 11:36 AM)Genexi Wrote: [ -> ]I would prefer it to be under <User>/Library/Application Support/<Game Name>

I might be a bit late to reply but Application Support is where I expect to find these sorts of files, typically. I can't say I really mind when the saves are in the Preferences folder, though, so long as they stay out of the Documents folder.