Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Spiders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
^What about ones that crawl on your skin than burrow into your veins?
I don't like spiders, they scare the crap out of me, but I'd in no way shape or form would remove them or not buy a horror game because they had them in it.

Just seems kind of against the point of playing a horror games, but hey, I guess there are people who are that affected, like my friend who I recommended Penumbra to. After they played it for an hour, their first response to me was "f**k you!", because it apparently scared the living day-lights out of them. They haven't finished it yet, they only play it in 15 - 20 minute segments. XD
I remember back in the day, System Shock 2 scared the bejeezus out of people who are afraid of spiders.
(03-08-2010, 04:23 PM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]At this point I am afraid we cannot comment on what will and not will be in the game. This is because we simply have not decided yet on certain things.

Any news now that you're in beta and everything?
(06-23-2010, 03:38 PM)tacc Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2010, 04:23 PM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]At this point I am afraid we cannot comment on what will and not will be in the game. This is because we simply have not decided yet on certain things.

Any news now that you're in beta and everything?

I don't think Frictional Games will tell people what's in the game.
It's a horror game, so I see no point of telling that sort of an information.
Let's see. They told/showed us that:
- we're in a castle
- we got a lamp
- Daniel can talk
- there's a woman
- there's a voice talking to us
- Enemies even with a nice picture
- we have no memories
- there are "world-turns-red-and-weird-things-appear" Events
- we have some NPC interaction
[the list continues]

But they supposedly wont tell us if there are spiders or not?
Only one enemy is being showcased so people can get confused on how it looks like a smudged painting and concentrate on it. You shouldn't know what the rest is because you have fucking amnesia. I think the information given is enough.
Regarding the spider issue:

We want to keep info on what lurks behind the castle walls to a minimum. But I can disclose that there will be less spider presence than in Penumbra: Overture.
Thomas, How much in game of enemies?
(06-24-2010, 10:29 AM)Jd Smooth Wrote: [ -> ]Thomas, How much in game of enemies?

Do you really want to know? Half the fun is being surprised by new types of monsters, it's not fun if you're spoiled beforehand.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10