Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: making a class for a monster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey i was wondering how to make a own custom class for a monster, so he has a different behavior then the other monsters from the game cause i want it to be like amnesia where it will find you easy and not have to take like 5 minutes for it to actually chase you and aswell the noises, like when the brute or something has been spawned in
(11-24-2015, 09:24 PM)happiestmedal33 Wrote: [ -> ]hey i was wondering how to make a own custom class for a monster, so he has a different behavior then the other monsters from the game cause i want it to be like amnesia where it will find you easy and not have to take like 5 minutes for it to actually chase you and aswell the noises, like when the brute or something has been spawned in

I suggest you look into how classes work then. It's surely possible to do what you ask for, but it's best learning the basics of classes first in your case then.
but my question is How do i do that, that isn't helping me all your saying is to just oh yeah its easy just do it
https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl3/ga...ists_guide

Why don't you read this and see if there's anything on this wiki that can help you?
I took a look through the files and found EntityClasses.def (open it with NotePad++) in this directory: SOMA\editor\userclasses

BUT keep in mind, I believe what you're editing here is simply what classes the ModelEditor can find in the Entity Settings > Class, as opposed to the ones which SOMA recognize.
thanks, that should help alot ive been trying to find the entity classes in the files of soma
also i will need help on how to make the monsters behaviors and ambient noises and stuff
well i recently found the actual script file for the deepseadiver, and i looked through it and i know how to make custom sounds for the monsters so far

Nevermind this thing wont work at all