Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: DRM?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey i dont know if any devs post on this forum but i was wondering if this game will have any drm. This will be the deciding factor in purchasing this game. BTW i loved penumbra and i would really like to play this game.
There will not be any DRM as such, only an old fashioned serial. We see this as a proof of purchase/support more than a form of DRM.
How about making it so you have to be on-line at all times and stopping the game every few seconds to make sure that it's a purchased copy? Also, maybe you should make some goggles that you have to wear in order to see the game. And you should definitely flip the picture so you have to do a handstand while playing. Just write it into the terms of service, to sort the cheaters out.
We are thinking about requiring the player to quote the Necronomicon every 10 minutes or so. Any failed verse will instantly invoke Cthulhu, who swiftly devours the customer. Any successful verse will do about the same.

This is still in beta and we need some more sacri... ehm... testing before we know for sure.
I miss Luis Sad
I think I'd pay extra for that actually.
Me too. That security sistem would be the best.
YAY!!! was there drm in the retail version of penumbra? i cant remember if i got it on steam because of that or not.