Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The "What are you listening now?" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I was pretty excited to hear about this collab but it's really quite dull, even with Mark Lanegan's amazing voice. Undecided

(04-15-2013, 12:01 PM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]I also found that tidbit in the commentary to be really interesting. The effects are so thick it almost doesn't sound like a bassoon. Still, having a leitmotif for the water monsters in the background music is IMO a brilliant idea. They are completely voiceless in-game and yet you sympathize with them ever so slightly because they feel like they could be actual animals (unlike the grunts/brutes).

The fifth gnossienne will always be my favorite though. It's so subtle it hurts.

I always did imagine the water monsters as fish-like animals. But really, Mikko is a great composer. Although, I find his recent work in Overgrowth to be a little... underwhelming.
The Chaser, I am disappoint.
Longest 3:54 minutes of my life.
(04-15-2013, 07:15 PM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]

It's quite catchy...Fuck.
Tiger, I am disappoint.
(04-16-2013, 02:20 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]Tiger, I am disappoint.

I know. I feel horrible :'c

True badassery.
Now playing:

Excellent dark ambient project from Sweden. Probably my favourite along with raison d'ĂȘtre.

Swedish people = Gods