Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The "What are you listening now?" thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

(07-17-2013, 01:37 AM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2013, 07:52 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: [ -> ]Lustmord, new album "The Word As Power". There's no YouTube clips yet, but it's gorgeous and frightening and otherworldly. One of the best works by Lustmord if not exactly the best.
you checked the collab he did with robert rich? it's pretty sweet stuff too...
Yup, I've heard it, I believe I've heard all of the Lustmord works including collaborational (my favourite collaborational is Pigs of Roman Empire with Melvins). I am quite a fan of ambient music. Have you heard of House of Low Culture? Ben Frost? Cities Last Broadast? I recommend to give them a try if you like Lustmord and that kind of music. All of them are very different, absolutely different mood, but... you know, ambient.
can't say i've heard of any of the ones you listed but since i've been getting really into ambient lately i'll definitely check them out soon

if ya want some ambient i'm into these are all amazing

this guys' stuff is sort of experimental cause he mixes in a lot of elements of swing and dixieland into his stuff to give it this very old timey feel - it creates some really interesting mental images

dark ambient with a ton of idm influence, very glitchy. when i say dark ambient though i mean this things really dark and oppressive as fuck, like i was actually scared a few times the first time i listened to it

I absolutely love this track by Ben Frost. Check it out, Kman.

Spoiler below!

Lately I've been listening a lot to the compilation "Audio Mythology One" by Inade, excellent dark ambient.

"You Make Me Feel" by Archive. Can anyone clarify what's the genre here?
I'm not familiar with the band. Alternative rock, maybe? For lack of a better classification... Sounds a bit proggy, with an electronic twist.

The vocals kind of reminded me of the female backing vocalists of Hammers of Misfortune. Great band.

Spoiler below!

that's like alt rock with trip hop influence jap

also because this albums still like top 5 albums i've ever heard a month later have this