Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Alt+Tab with Penumbra: Overture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

just bought Penumbra Overture and it surely seems interesting. However, I can not alt+tab away from the game. I do need to switch back to the desktop once in a while even while a game is running. How can I do it while playing Penumbra Overture?

I'm using Ubuntu 9.10.
The only possibility I know of is to play in window mode. Maybe there is some other way or trick someone else has up their sleeve
(05-06-2010, 05:54 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]The only possibility I know of is to play in window mode. Maybe there is some other way or trick someone else has up their sleeve

Running in window mode would be ok solution for me, however even that doesn't work. Penumbra doesn't let mouse move away from the window so that I could activate another application. And alt+tab doesn't work.

I wonder if there is an update that would fix this? But I did download the game yesterday so I guess it's as up-to-date as possible (?).
Actually now I got it working... it just does not work when in game, but if you pause the game with ESC then I can switch application. So problem solved! Smile
While running in windowed mode the mouse is "unlocked" when in the menu, like you found.. I actually did that intentionally, and we are doing the same thing in the upcoming Amnesia (and the mouse aligns better on the menus in amnesia when in windowed mode)