Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra Overture reverts to desktop after loading screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I recently purchased the Penumbra Collection and tried running Penumbra Overture. Once I start the game I get the loading screen and then the game reverts to the desktop while it is still running in the background. I hear the typing at the opening of the game but when I keep trying to click on the game it reverts right back to the desktop.

I am running windows 7 and have a Nvidia Geforce 9500GT with the latest drivers installed. Do I need to run the game in Xp or Vista compatibility mode or something?
It is probably that it does not like the screen settings, if you open the default_settings.cfg file with a text editor you can change FullScreen to false or you can change the width="800" and height="600" to something higher, I thin the drivers for windows only support as low as 1024 768.

You find the file in installations directory/redist/config/
(05-14-2010, 06:26 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]It is probably that it does not like the screen settings, if you open the default_settings.cfg file with a text editor you can change FullScreen to false or you can change the width="800" and height="600" to something higher, I thin the drivers for windows only support as low as 1024 768.

You find the file in installations directory/redist/config/

This seemed to work. Thanks!