Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra Overture v1.1 crashes when entering the Old Storage room.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Humble Indie Bundle version.
Crashes every time I try to enter the old storage room.
I click the door and the game exits after the loading screen.
I can hear the sound of the door closing for a moment, but the level is never seen.

Ubuntu 9.10, AMD 32bit
ATi Radeon X1650

terminal output:
Code:
./penumbra.bin: ./lib/libCgGL.so: no version information available (required by ./penumbra.bin)
./penumbra.bin: ./lib/libCg.so: no version information available (required by ./penumbra.bin)
ALSA lib conf.c:1589:(snd_config_load1) _toplevel_:12:2:Unexpected char
ALSA lib conf.c:2850:(snd_config_hook_load) /home/main/.asoundrc may be old or corrupted: consider to remove or fix it
ALSA lib conf.c:2714:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load returned error: Invalid argument
ALSA lib conf.c:3079:(snd_config_update_r) hooks failed, removing configuration
AL lib: alsa.c:1024: control open (0): Invalid argument
ALSA lib conf.c:1589:(snd_config_load1) _toplevel_:12:2:Unexpected char
ALSA lib conf.c:2850:(snd_config_hook_load) /home/main/.asoundrc may be old or corrupted: consider to remove or fix it
ALSA lib conf.c:2714:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load returned error: Invalid argument
ALSA lib conf.c:3079:(snd_config_update_r) hooks failed, removing configuration
AL lib: alsa.c:1086: control open (0): Invalid argument
Expression 'snd_config_update()' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 753
Expression 'BuildDeviceList( alsaHostApi )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 266
AL lib: portaudio.c:233: Pa_Initialize() returned an error: Unanticipated host error
penumbra.bin: radeon_lock.c:65: radeonGetLock: Assertion `drawable != ((void *)0)' failed.
Aborted
Penumbra: Overture exited unexpectedly, please check
/home/main/.frictionalgames/Penumbra/Overture/hpl.log
for any error messages
Also try running
ulimit -c unlimited
And re-running Penumbra and try and recreate the error
then submit the generated core file or stack trace

Things that didn't fix the problem:
Starting a new game.
Going to the other room first (and sneaking past the dog).
Removing level01_04_old_storage.collcach, as suggested in another bug report.
Removing game folder, ~/.frictionalgames and installing again.
Reducing/deactivating everything in the graphics settings screen.

hpl.log attached

I know the Free drivers are unsupported but apart from this the game was running flawlessly, with a fairly high level of detail.
Any ideas?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...bug/487204

Looks like it's a bug in the drivers and a fix was released in 10.04.
I'll try playing it in a liveCD (I don't want to move this box into 10.04 just yet).
Did a quick test with an Ubuntu 10.04 live CD and it didn't have this problem.
It really is the drivers.
Hey,

I've created this account only because I've exactly the same problem. But I am using Ubuntu 10.04 with the X-Server PPA up2date. I'm trying to enter this room since the release of the Indie Bundle. Every week I check for new Ubuntu-updates but nothing worked. It's so frustrating... Sad