Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: can we deffend ourself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
we are trapped inside a castle together with a few zombies and my question is if we will be able to kill them using weapons that we found. like swords and random stuff that we can pick up
That is an interesting question.
Let's look at the facts:
1. Penumbra: Overture had weapons.
2. Penumbra: Black Plague did not have weapons. Instead, you should hide and avoid.
3. Penumbra: Requiem did not have enemies. (I think)
4. Amnesia does have enemies.

From the feeling the teaser gave me, I think there won't be weapons.
Running and hiding still count as defending oneself, am I right?
True on that Cheese, though the OP asked about weapons, I've never heard of any weapons in Amnesia so I guess they'll leave them out just like in Black Plague. Plus, in the latest interview, they mentioned sneaking and hiding but no weapons. There is a possibility that you can throw stuff at the monsters to slow their movement down, like they did in Black Plague as it worked quite well. I could be wrong though since no detailed information about the combat has been released.
(05-16-2010, 09:32 PM)nackidno Wrote: [ -> ]True on that Cheese
Which one of us were you talking to? xD
That is a very good question.
Taken from the official website:

Survive...
Amnesia: The Dark Descent throws you headfirst into a dangerous world where danger can lurk behind every corner. Your only means of defense are hiding, running or using your wits.
(05-16-2010, 09:44 PM)NeatNit Wrote: [ -> ]

I was talking to Cheesezorz, since he actually has the word cheese in his nick and you don't. ^^
*gets in line with the other cheese*
(05-16-2010, 11:32 PM)nackidno Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2010, 09:44 PM)NeatNit Wrote: [ -> ]

I was talking to Cheesezorz, since he actually has the word cheese in his nick and you don't. ^^

But he has avatar of cheese. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3