Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What compiler do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let us know what compiler do you use!
IDEs that I used during penumbra development were.

For Linux, eclipse mostly and i switched to netbeans while working on the last patch.
The compiler, of course, was GCC.

For Mac os x, i used Xcode, which uses GCC as the compiler.
Thanks for the info!

I'm at the moment am doing a BIT course, and the teacher has started teaching use using BlueJay (for Java). I cheat at home and use NetBeans. Want to head of into game devolpment so I also want to learn C++.
(05-16-2010, 02:00 PM)Ryonez Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the info!

I'm at the moment am doing a BIT course, and the teacher has started teaching use using BlueJay (for Java). I cheat at home and use NetBeans. Want to head of into game devolpment so I also want to learn C++.

Java is being taught at my University as well it seems to be the foundation level I think. I too am interested in learning C++ and prolly will since I got a free Cd that has exercises and stuff. I have never heard of the Linux compiler eclipse but will check it out thx!
Eclipse isn't a compiler.. it's a cross-platform IDE (Integrated Development Environment). Eclipse's primary target is java development, but there are plugins for C/C++, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc...
I use Visual C++ Express 2010 (though should be getting 2010 Professional soon), and I'm also essentially a Windows developer with absolutely no cross-platform experience let alone Linux or Mac development. Though I can't help but hope to rectify that some time in the future- not that it's in an issue now since I'm just doing small (read: tiny compared to HPL) projects.
GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection, FTW!
(05-17-2010, 10:25 AM)Setlec Wrote: [ -> ]GCC, the GNU Compiler Collection, FTW!

Seconded!

SR_guy

Is Netbeans better than Code::Blocks?
(05-18-2010, 12:13 PM)SR_guy Wrote: [ -> ]Is Netbeans better than Code::Blocks?

Depends on what you are doing.. Code::Blocks is strictly a C++ IDE (last I played with it). Where as Netbeans is Primarily a Java IDE with plugins for c/C++ and various other languages.

I should install a recent version of Code::Blocks and see how far it's progressed over the past few years to see if it's worth using again..
Pages: 1 2