Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: System Shock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is totally unlikely to ever happen, but if EA were to make a System Shock 3, how would you feel about Frictional being given the reigns?

I think Frictional could make an awesome, and very scary, System Shock 3 if they had the chance, and are one of the few developers I think could honestly pull it off.

What do you guys think?
meh system shock is basically bioshock, only difference is system shock had a good sequel
System Shock 3 is BioShock. The only difference is that BioShock is dumbed down remarkably.
(05-25-2010, 10:32 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]System Shock 3 is BioShock. The only difference is that BioShock is dumbed down remarkably.

...and completely different characters, setting, and story.
I do believe this would be awesome. The System Shock games are great.
As much as I like System Shock 2 I'd prefer something new and original instead of a third game. But if Frictional Games somehow got to do System Shock 3 I think they would do a good job. That's no guarantee of a good game, though, because with making a big budget game comes the guys in the suits who wants a say in everything. FG would probably be forced to make a dumbed down action game out of it.
(05-26-2010, 01:39 PM)nofsky Wrote: [ -> ]As much as I like System Shock 2 I'd prefer something new and original instead of a third game. But if Frictional Games somehow got to do System Shock 3 I think they would do a good job. That's no guarantee of a good game, though, because with making a big budget game comes the guys in the suits who wants a say in everything. FG would probably be forced to make a dumbed down action game out of it.

Well, this is a hypothetical, so let's assume that they get total control of the license without the suits that come with it.
(05-26-2010, 02:43 AM)SHODANFreeman Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2010, 10:32 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]System Shock 3 is BioShock. The only difference is that BioShock is dumbed down remarkably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJUJXOxztE Watch all five parts.
(05-26-2010, 08:15 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2010, 02:43 AM)SHODANFreeman Wrote: [ -> ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJUJXOxztE Watch all five parts.

I know there are similarities, because if you couldn't tell, I'm a huge System Shock fan, but saying Bioshock is System Shock 3 makes me rage a little bit, because it's not, at all.
I've but watched a LEt's Play of SS2. I've never been able to actually play it, but considering that the story and gameplay unfolds in exactly the same way but worse maybe it's not a bad SS3, but rather a bad SS2 clone.
Pages: 1 2