Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How is the payment processed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I bought the Humble Indie Bundle I also bought the Penumbra pack for $5. Since I live in Europe, I had to pay €5,05.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care if I have to pay $5 or €5 for the Penumbra pack (it's worth it), but the exchange rate has never been that bad. I really wonder where that money (1 euro or so) went.

[edit]Looking at the invoice again, it's probably VAT.. I should have faked living in America.
[edit2]Success! I promoted myself to being an American citizen and pre-ordered Amnesia without extra tax. When I order something physical from the USA under €22 (by mail) I don't have to pay tax either so I see no proper reason why I would have to pay it now.

I'm a redneck now! Wink
I'm not sure why that happened to you. I live in europe too, and I paid $5 for penumbra collection and $10 for the amnesia preorder, so I had no taxes or euro or anything. My country is not part of the eu, but I doubt that would affect anything.
Tax is added for countries and states that has VAT on online purchases and if they have a tax treaty with the US.
(05-27-2010, 11:09 PM)bremarv Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why that happened to you. I live in europe too, and I paid $5 for penumbra collection and $10 for the amnesia preorder, so I had no taxes or euro or anything. My country is not part of the eu, but I doubt that would affect anything.
How did you do that? I paid $16..
(06-01-2010, 12:51 AM)Dren Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2010, 11:09 PM)bremarv Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure why that happened to you. I live in europe too, and I paid $5 for penumbra collection and $10 for the amnesia preorder, so I had no taxes or euro or anything. My country is not part of the eu, but I doubt that would affect anything.
How did you do that? I paid $16..

They had a special sale a couple days after the Humble bundle started.