Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: chrashing chapter 3: going to refinery, help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Untitled-6.gif]
my game is crashing every time when going to the refinery(at the red line above) similar to this (its booting back out to terminal and i have to reboot with ctrl+alt+del)
but disabling compiz didnt work the game has been fine part from the occasional slowdown and a weird pitcher in pitcher at the same place as the other thread

i have a inspiron 1545 with Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
running ubuntu 10.4
game is from the humble indie bundle

can any one help me i really want to finish the game
Can you provide a saved game file just before the crash location including directions to re-create the crash ,and your HPL.log?
i could but i dont know how to save
and
i cant find any HPL.log is it meant to be in the penumbraoverture directory
on you home directory there is a hidden folder named ".frictionalgames" in that is where the hpl.log file and saved games are stored..

And you save by interacting with an "artifact" or the game auto-saves on new levels..
here the log and save
I could not recreate the crash on my end. However I've attached an auto-save in the refinery after loading your latest save. (Iron shafts B from 5-26 @ 21:32)