Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: River graphical effect in editor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that somewhere in the Amnesia editor there is a river, whether it is simply a particle or entity I dont know but its in there somewhere and I cant find it. Can anyone help me out? I used it before in a now abandoned CS and I really need it for a new one im making.
I believe it is a plane material that is animated. Have you checked the textures folder for water?
(12-10-2015, 03:58 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it is a plane material that is animated. Have you checked the textures folder for water?

I know you can do that but I thought there was a preset river in the editor. Perhaps im wrong?
I don't believe there is in Amnesia.
You can improvise by using the sewer based water. The texture looks like waves. Hope that helps.
Unfortunately there are no rivers in Amnesia, but you can create one with planes as stated earlier.

I think you are looking for the following materials:

water_sewer_streaming.mat
water_sewer_streaming_slow.mat

They are located in the folder textures\water\

You can adjust the flow speed by changing the material and / or adjusting the tile amount of the plane.

If you want to improve the looks of the "river" you can put something in the way of it and add a splash effect in front of the object.
This will create the effect you can see in this picture:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/possession/ima...1#imagebox

To do this simply add the particle effect /particles/impact/ps_impact_water_stream_sewer_large.ps (or any other splash effect) in front of the object and you're done.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.