Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: throw objects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which is the button to throw objects? I saw on youtube that you can do that, instead actually I can only move them, not throw them.

Version: 1.1 Linux Penumbra Collection
(06-13-2010, 03:59 PM)Caterpillar Wrote: [ -> ]Which is the button to throw objects? I saw on youtube that you can do that, instead actually I can only move them, not throw them.

Version: 1.1 Linux Penumbra Collection

Right click while holding them.
When you're holding the object, press the right mouse button.

EDIT: Freeman beat me by a second...
(06-13-2010, 05:51 PM)graykin Wrote: [ -> ]When you're holding the object, press the right mouse button.

EDIT: Freeman beat me by a second...

which is the right button? I remapped everything
The examine button
I think it doesn't work in Overture though.

(am I wrong?)
(06-14-2010, 09:07 PM)NeatNit Wrote: [ -> ](am I wrong?)

Yes you are.
Does throwing objects harm enemies? I recall that you could do this in Penumbra Overture, and I managed to knock a dog over by dropping a heavy rock on it, but I never managed to do enough damage to kill it.

I experimented by hopping up on some boulders out of its reach, and piling rocks up there to throw.
I'm sure the rocks can do enough damage over time, but the objective is not to kill the dogs, but more to get past them, so it's more about knocking them out than destroying them. Just wait until Black Plague. ;D
(06-29-2010, 04:32 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure the rocks can do enough damage over time, but the objective is not to kill the dogs, but more to get past them, so it's more about knocking them out than destroying them. Just wait until Black Plague. ;D

Getting past the dogs was practically impossible once they saw you. At least in my experience. I'd just find a nice crate to hop up on and whack em when they jumped close enough to me. Easy kill. About the
Spoiler below!
first dog, where you're supposed to blockade the door, is it possible to block it enough to keep him out? I've tried putting two barrels and every rock I could find on it, but he keeps smashing it down.
Pages: 1 2