Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: FATAL ERROR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Alicauni

Game pops up saying FATAL ERROR: Cannot create Window!

my hpl.log only says this

ERROR: Unable to open config file 'C:/Users/Alicauni/Documents/HPL3/ModelEditor.cfg'! Invalid filepointer returned!

Yes, my drivers are updated.

(12-25-2015, 05:58 AM)Alicauni Wrote: [ -> ]Game pops up saying FATAL ERROR: Cannot create Window!

ERROR: Unable to open config file 'C:/Users/Alicauni/Documents/HPL3/ModelEditor.cfg'! Invalid filepointer returned!

GTX 980, 16gb 2400mhz RAM, i7-4770K CPU, MAXIMUS VI GENE Z87 Motherboard.

(12-25-2015, 05:58 AM)Alicauni Wrote: [ -> ]Game pops up saying FATAL ERROR: Cannot create Window!

GTX 980, 16gb 2400mhz RAM, i7-4770K CPU, MAXIMUS VI GENE Z87 Motherboard.

Oh, forgot to mention that I purchased it off of Steam.

Alicauni

No one has any advice for me?
What are you trying to do?

Can you post your ModelEditor.cfg?

(12-26-2015, 03:21 AM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]What are you trying to do?

Can you post your ModelEditor.cfg?

I'm not trying to do anything at all, I just want to play the game. Whenever I open the game through steam it fails to open window. I've seen people posting the contents of the HPL log and thats what mine says.
Could you post the whole HPL log then? You'll find it in your documents.