Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: soma can't progress until the game has finished downloading?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I bought this game yesterday and let it install overnight so I could play today but after reaching a certain part of the first area it stopped and told me I need an additional 8 hour download... Is this normal? If so it's extremely annoying. If not, what do?

P.S. I'm on ps4 if that matters?

Just need to know if this is normal or not. My ps4 says it's installed and yet I'm stuck in the pause menu with a timer saying it has to finish installing in another freaking 8 hours.
Anyone? Pretty simple question I thought: Is this normal?
I don't have the answer, but this sounds rather odd. But I don't know PS4 well so I can't really say. Not sure if there are many regular PS4 users on here though.

It doesn't sound like a problem though, just an inconvenience. But if it takes you 8 hours to download, regardless of how much you already have, you must have quite far below average Internet speeds. My SOMA folder is 20 GB, but I know the PS4 one is much less, perhaps around 14-18 GB. Though, I guess that would result in about 5 Mbps for you to take 8 hours.
(12-28-2015, 04:18 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have the answer, but this sounds rather odd. But I don't know PS4 well so I can't really say. Not sure if there are many regular PS4 users on here though.

It doesn't sound like a problem though, just an inconvenience. But if it takes you 8 hours to download, regardless of how much you already have, you must have quite far below average Internet speeds. My SOMA folder is 20 GB, but I know the PS4 one is much less, perhaps around 14-18 GB. Though, I guess that would result in about 5 Mbps for you to take 8 hours.

I did some digging and found out my ps4 is installing the app data for the game and is common, sadly. And yes my Internet is next to unusable 99% of the time because of where I live. Anyway thanks for the response~