Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: SOMA glitches at Ocean Depths
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently purchased SOMA on steam. I began playing 3 hours ago and was able to play up to the Comm Stations just fine. However, when I regained consciousness in the water the game started getting really glitchy. I tried putting all of the video settings at their lowest (I had been playing at max settings) but the problem persists.

I have a 2014 Macbook Pro with retina display.

[attachment=5552]
If your error is what I think it is, it is to do with the game rendering underwater vegetation, a problem which has come up on some AMD cards.

Something you could try would be to follow nebej's temporary manual solution:
(09-22-2015, 09:01 PM)nebej Wrote: [ -> ]You could try a temporary manual solution if you would like
Rename the undergrowth folder in the game folder to _undergrowth. This will disable rendering of the terrain vegetation (which it looks like is the problem)

I pulled that particular quote from this thread, since you seem to be having similar issues:
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/th...25416.html

Furthermore, I recommend making sure you have the latest graphics drivers, whether they are AMD drivers or not.
Thanks! I will give this a try, hopefully a permanent solution is found... the game is spectacular and I hate to see it become unplayable this way.