Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: amnesia dark descent problem x please help! :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

rjwaffles

please help me with problem x! Sad i want to play amnesia dark descent so badly Sad
(12-31-2015, 04:27 AM)rjwaffles Wrote: [ -> ]please help me with problem x! Sad i want to play amnesia dark descent so badly Sad

The problem is that you are using an Intel integrated GPU, and as far as I know - is unsupported by the game itself, even with the latest drivers.

You doesn't have any dedicated Geforce card in your PC, don't you?
Amnesia requires OpenGL 2.0 while your graphic card has OpenGL 1.4. Sadly, I don't think you can play the game. Though, that intel card is an integrated one. You can see if you have a dedicated one too in your device manager. Open device manager by clicking Start button > Control Panel > System and Security > Device Manager. There look for display adapter and press that + so you can see the graphic(s) card(s). If there is just one (your intel) then I'm sorry but you can't play Amnesia:TDD. If there is another one, tell me what card is it and maybe we can solve the problem.
EDIT: That's what Destroyedbeauty said. I tried to explain it a bit more.
Intel cards are unsupported, but some do work if you update your drivers. Use the Have Disk method in the guide here:

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24129.html