Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: I can see through walls all of the time. How can I fix this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SeasickSquid57

Hey guys. I've only been playing Soma for about twenty minutes. I just made it through the first part after getting the Omnitool thing. I crossed a bridge and made it into the room with the weird little robot/tissue hybrid thing and entered the first ventilation system you can crawl through in the game. As soon as I entered the vents I could see through all of the walls and couldn't see the interior of the vents or of any room I entered afterwards. How can I fix this? If I try reinstalling the game will I lose my save file? Thanks for any help.
You won't lose your save file since the game's saves are stored on the cloud servers - as well as away from your installation.

You may not need to reinstall, my best guess is the game failed to preload assets or has not run a particular script to load the environment correctly. The first thing to try would be to load a slightly older save from the "Load Game" option in the menu. If the problem persists, try a Steam File Integrity Check (if you are using Steam) in the possibility you're missing assets or certain files needed to create the environment.

SeasickSquid57

Thank you. The integrity check fixed my problem.