Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: JKO's Guide to compiling Penumbra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There should be on in the game directory. Here is the path ./graphics/player/player_crosshair_cross.bmp. If it's not there then you probably don't have a complete install.
I unpacked all content from setup.exe from original CD, but still couldn't find that file. Then I tried to look for it in my Penumbra Black Plague installation, here it is! I just copied the file and everything went OK. Wierd thing by the way, because my Overture runs fine without that file...
Thanks for the guide, but when I run Penumbra.exe, I see the loading screen and then it gives me a windows error where it asks you to send a error report or not.
(10-15-2010, 01:47 AM)Hazematman Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the guide, but when I run Penumbra.exe, I see the loading screen and then it gives me a windows error where it asks you to send a error report or not.

Run it in the debugger and give us something to work with.
Hi, guys. I've got a problem with compiling HPL solution:

Code:
sources\impl\SDLTexture.cpp(611): error C2668: pow: ambiguous call to overloaded function
          C:\Games\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\math.h(583): could be "long double pow(long double,int)"
          C:\Games\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\math.h(535): or       "float pow(float,int)"
          C:\Games\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\math.h(497): or       "double pow(double,int)"

Can you help me with that error?
try changing that line to

int lSizeDiv = (int) ((float)pow((float)2, (int)mlSizeLevel));

and see if it likes it.

Original line looks like this:

int lSizeDiv = (int)pow((int)2,(int)mlSizeLevel);

Ok, I changed that line and compiled - all compiled perfect. Thank you.

I was compiling the "Overture Source", and get this error : "TaskKeyHook.lib" not found
What is "TaskKeyHook.lib"?
I just won the battle against the Compiling of Overture
but :

Quote: Couldn't load image 'effect_white.jpg'

but i have it in "redist/graphics/effect/"
Are you running the game from within the resist folder? Also is graphics/effects in the resources.cfg file?
I doesn't have any ressources.cfg

I have just Forget copying this file and Materials.cfg ^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4