Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Will this work on Win 7?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im wanting to get the collection on Steam.
Wanted to be sure it will work on Windows 7 64bit.
I have a Nvidia graphics card.

Thank you for any help.
As far as I know it works, try one of the demos to be sure, if I'm not mistaken Overture demo is on Steam.
Its not. But im downloading it from the site.
Can OpenAl conflict with anything?

Thanks for the quick help.
How is it not working? What is wrong?

Many people have run Penumbra on Win7 without any problems.
(08-02-2010, 06:46 PM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]How is it not working? What is wrong?

Many people have run Penumbra on Win7 without any problems.

Oh, no. I meant the demo wasn't available on Steam. Sorry for the confusion.
But but but... I have it in my list Smile Hmm, maybe it is a beta version of the demo on Steam we never cleared for release, that would be funny.
(08-02-2010, 07:10 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]But but but... I have it in my list Smile Hmm, maybe it is a beta version of the demo on Steam we never cleared for release, that would be funny.

lol. yea must be. Cause nether page on steam show a download for the demo. Im installing the demo now. Just curious if OpenAL can cause conflicts with other drivers or anything? Im not 100% sure what OpenAL is. I get a bit paranoid with drivers. lol
OpenAL is just a something that is used to access the sound card. The installer just copies a dll to your system folder. Nothing wierd. promise Smile
Yea sorry for worrying. I just bought all three games on Steam. and Overture works fine so far. Thanks for the help. Smile
All three work perfect. Thank you for all the help. Glad i bought these. Big Grin
Now just have to wait for nightfall. lol
All three games work as they should on my Windows 7 64bit system. Oh, and yea, I'm also using a nVidia GPU, 9800GS, to be more precise.
Pages: 1 2