Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Problems with skyboxes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The file I want to use for the skybox is simply not showing up in the folders. It is saved as a dds file. What could be going wrong here?

Here's some pictures to help you:
http://imgur.com/a/9bnQt

Only dds files in the textures/envmaps folder show up, but moving the file there doesn't work either.
Is it formatted as a cubemap dds file? It doesn't accept just any dds.
(01-09-2016, 01:20 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]Is it formatted as a cubemap dds file? It doesn't accept just any dds.

That must be the problem then, but how do I get it formatted as a cubemap?
Where did you get/make it? I know the Nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop can do this, as I'm sure all DDS exporters can. Check the wiki though. It should explain it.
(01-09-2016, 04:56 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]Where did you get/make it? I know the Nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop can do this, as I'm sure all DDS exporters can. Check the wiki though. It should explain it.

I got the map off Google images then followed the instructions on the wiki. I use gimp instead of Photoshop and have the .dds plugin, which is how I made the skybox I'm trying to use. However, the instructions state that when trying to save the file as a .dds file a Nvidia box will come up with several options to customise the way the image works, but this never appeared for me and instead the image just saved.
Perhaps you need to find some "export settings" before saving it. It might be in like a file properties area or such. I'm not that familiar with Gimp so I don't know.