Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can we ever get a Mac OS 10.10 compatibility update for level editor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are we ever going to get an update for Mac OSX yosemite/ el capitan? yosemite released in 2014 for gods sake, if you dont know what im talking about its a problem with the editors, you cant launch them you just get the message "FATAL ERROR: Could not load vertex buffer from mesh 'core_box.dae'" its very annoying since i have yosemite on my macbook pro and need to use it. I understand FG is working on new games (presumabley) but it would be very nice if they just put out a hotfix for this fatal error. Anyways, i heard there was a workaround for this error, if you could be kind enough to post it here or link me to the workaround that would be greatly appreciated! thanks

~xScar
This is actually an issue on Mavericks as well. That's where it originated, which caused me to go back to Mountain Lion myself. I agree they should definitely look into it. I imagine that if Windows 10 had the same incompatiblity, it would be fixed shortly after the OS release. Unfortunately Mac doesn't have that luxury of priority.

I don't know how difficult it is for them to fix it. If it's a big change needed, then I can understand it would take time (well, not this much time, but at least some), but I kinda suspect it being something relatively small, perhaps obscure, but that they haven't really looked at it at all yet.
(01-11-2016, 11:14 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]This is actually an issue on Mavericks as well. That's where it originated, which caused me to go back to Mountain Lion myself. I agree they should definitely look into it. I imagine that if Windows 10 had the same incompatiblity, it would be fixed shortly after the OS release. Unfortunately Mac doesn't have that luxury of priority.

I don't know how difficult it is for them to fix it. If it's a big change needed, then I can understand it would take time (well, not this much time, but at least some), but I kinda suspect it being something relatively small, perhaps obscure, but that they haven't really looked at it at all yet.

ive seen you on youtube