Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Will this game have true Widescreen support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Widescreen resolution with widescreen aspect ratios, or will we have to force it to widescreen resolutions and play with 4:3 ratios like with Penumbra?
Widescreen in Penumbra definitely did not keep a 4:3 aspect ratio. Perhaps the GUI was stretched but there was no screen warping going on.
(08-11-2010, 04:33 AM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]Widescreen in Penumbra definitely did not keep a 4:3 aspect ratio. Perhaps the GUI was stretched but there was no screen warping going on.

Sorry, I meant the FoV. It's the same with a 4:3 resolution as it is with a 16:10 resolution.
It is very much supported and does not stretch the UI like Penumbra did.
(08-11-2010, 07:59 AM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]It is very much supported and does not stretch the UI like Penumbra did.

Awesome. That was my only beef with Penumbra - everything else about that game is just incredible.

Looking forward to Amnesia!
There is no problem with widescreen in penumbra.
Overture doesn't support resolutions above 1280x1024 (for wide 1280x720) but you can modify the config_default file and then you can simply use 1920x1080 or higher. And that without any issue!
(08-11-2010, 07:59 AM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]It is very much supported and does not stretch the UI like Penumbra did.

Let me be the first to say, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Big Grin
But uh, didn't anyone notice his post correcting me? Apparently he meant the field of view.

Penumbra's FoV is the same no matter what aspect ratio you use. If a game has a FoV of 90 in 4:3 it should have a FoV of 120 in 16:9