Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Source Games - Big ping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, so I have a problem in Source games (TF2,CSS, etc.) with the ping. I usually had 50- ping, but these days, I have 100-300 ping, sometimes even 400... can someone help me to fix this stupid big ping? It's impossible to play with such big latency..

Extra info: I don't download stuff while I play, I even have messenger,torrents,daemon, etc off. In task manager it says that I have not even 5% CPU usage, so I don't know what's the problem..

Any smarties know? Thanks =P
High ping usually means you arent close to the server of the server your playing on i think
(08-15-2010, 04:15 PM)tonewww Wrote: [ -> ]High ping usually means you arent close to the server of the server your playing on i think
I'm playing on the same servers everyday, and I had normal ping, I really don't know what happend
Are you using windows 7? Also are you having lower than normal FPS?

Also, do a speedtest and see if you're getting anywhere close to what your ISP says (it won't be the same, but you should at least be somewhere close to it.)
http://www.speedtest.net/
(08-15-2010, 06:20 PM)Xonze Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using windows 7? Also are you having lower than normal FPS?

Also, do a speedtest and see if you're getting anywhere close to what your ISP says (it won't be the same, but you should at least be somewhere close to it.)
http://www.speedtest.net/
Windows XP, and no, I have normal fps(60+)
was your speedtest okay? And do you play any other multiplayer games than source games?
(08-15-2010, 07:10 PM)Xonze Wrote: [ -> ]was your speedtest okay? And do you play any other multiplayer games than source games?
I fixed my problem already, NO NEED TO POST NOW, I FIXED MY PROBLEM.
Chances are somewhere between you and the server something failed, was being replaced, or plain old maintenance.
High ping is mostly due to some basic things.
Either you're far away from the server, you're downloading something or uploading something in the background.
Quote:I fixed my problem already, NO NEED TO POST NOW, I FIXED MY PROBLEM.

What was the problem then?
Pages: 1 2