Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: 2010-09 Friday 3rd, Demo of survival horror “Amnesia: The Dark Descent” released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Come on! Dont make them to move the release date farther!(But if they make the fixes coming with a patch or something later)
The demo was really good, I didn't notice any things that needs fixing.

Jonez
Anyone else who gets bad FPS in the game?
FUCK YEAH.

The demo was awesome, even though I hope the full game will be even scarier.
Frictional Games,
You did the exact same thing in Black Plague. The moment I feel relaxed, something unexpectable and horrifying turns the corner.
Now, I have to wash my pants :/

Detecting the graphic card is good option. Game has very good performance with that graphic quality and effects.

Game will have more emotional atmosphere than Penumbra, won't it? I think there will be some point that we cannot hold our tears anymore Big Grin
Absolutely Awesome!!!

Ran as smooth as can be in Ubuntu 10.04 with all the settings maxed.

I gotta say that scratching noise that seemed ever so close but you can't tell whats causing it was stressing my nerves a bit. I loved it can't wait for the full game.

Keep up excellent work Frictional!!!!
Think I made a bug in the very last part.

Spoiler below!
During the very last level (with the body parts) I died after getting past the metal grate, towards the final wooden door. It would not open, and I was gobbled up by the monster tailing me.
Reloading, I notice no monster spawned in the body-part section. None. I do a few laps around the center broken column than open the metal grate again, this time fully. A monster than pops out of the wooden door, which I manage to sneak past after sacrificing a limb. Game ends when inside.

I'm going to guess the regular monster spawn + door spawn were supposed to happen together..

Will be buying, I really liked the camera affects and how you used SSAO as a soft shadow (I believe, or was that truly a shadow?)
Ran great on my GTX260 with all opens full engines throttle. Voice acting ++, I hope when we meet our watery foe again nothing breaks when we land on a box :p
YEAHHHH, downloading.
Played the demo yesterday... This game friggin' exceeds my expectations by a mile, and my expectations were already high!

Will buy the game when it comes out. And again when it gets a physical release... It's sorely needed for my game collection! Big Grin
Awesome demo! Can't wait till it comes out. You guys are great!
booooo! good demo, that splashing bastard scared me too and i'm not a young one anymore. One single thing to mention: I left the game to grab some food and after 10 minutes of idle time, it crashed. Maybe just a demo issue, I don't know. Other than this no problems, ran fine on my HD4850 winXP 64 bit system ,maximum settings. lovin' it!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8