Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: All Amnesia demo discussion HERE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(09-03-2010, 05:17 PM)suibriel Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, how the hell did you die 5+ times?

Just jump on a box...?

Sometimes the monster didn't care and hit me anyway Sad
(09-03-2010, 05:11 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say it didn't scare me as much as Penumbra, but that's likely because I now am an experienced horror player, before Penumbra, I wasn't..

Tis only a demo, if my memory serves me right, I don't think there was a demo for Penumbra.

I'm definitely thinking Amnesia will be a terrifying experience.
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but SSAO seems to be horribly bugged.

I can't even run it on medium with 4 samples.

I could run SSAO on all the other games that use it just fine.

The last one which was Just Cause 2 ran fine.

But with SSAO on even the lowest possible settings I get 14 fps, even at the profile screen.

I have a

AMD Athlon X2 5200+ 2.7 ghz
8800gt
2 gigs ddr2 800mhz RAM
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

I hope they fix the problem with SSAO soon.
(09-03-2010, 05:02 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]That is weird. O.o
Nope. It didn't happen for me. I think you should try posting that into technical support! Sounds like some bug or something...
I've tried turning off several graphical options, but it's still there. If I turn of insanity effects it reverts to normal, so I assumed it was an intended effect.
I have no idea, how this could be happening otherwise.
I couldn't see the monster at the water part, how does he look? I just couldn't see him, I saw the water getting hit by footsteps, but the monster is like invisible.. and I can't get further because my game blocks if I press esc, to access the journal or inventory... stupid video card Sad

How does the monster look anyway? Tongue
I don't think you're meant to be able to see it Smile
(09-03-2010, 05:21 PM)bitzaxp90 Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't see the monster at the water part, how does he look? I just couldn't see him, I saw the water getting hit by footsteps, but the monster is like invisible.. and I can't get further because my game blocks if I press esc, to access the journal or inventory... stupid video card Sad

How does the monster look anyway? Tongue
You kinda misunderstood the intended effect there xD
so does anyone have the FPS problem with SSAO on?
(09-03-2010, 05:18 PM)WereWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Tis only a demo, if my memory serves me right, I don't think there was a demo for Penumbra.

What did I write there?? I should have written 'the demo', not 'Amnesia' Tongue
(09-03-2010, 05:24 PM)RyviusRan Wrote: [ -> ]so does anyone have the FPS problem with SSAO on?

I can run it fine on Medium with 16x sampling on my 8600 GT.. on 32x sampling it goes down 10 approx. 15-20 frames.
Sadly the demo is unplayable for me.

(09-03-2010, 05:18 PM)WereWolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2010, 05:11 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say it didn't scare me as much as Penumbra, but that's likely because I now am an experienced horror player, before Penumbra, I wasn't..

Tis only a demo, if my memory serves me right, I don't think there was a demo for Penumbra.

There was a Penumbra demo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16