Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: fun with spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I got an idea to write a novel in Zalgo code. It could begin like this.

Ŏ̰̬̺̠͉ͮ̿͋̍̍̐ͮ͆ͮ͊ͣ̄̉̎̅̋̀̀n̨̿͗ͫͩ͐̄͐̃ͦͭ̊̂̏ͩͯ͊͏̝̣̪̯̣͎̖c̷̦̝̳̩̲̜̪͂́̓̆ͤ́̂̔̀́͟͡ẽ̹̝̫͎̙̤̩͎̼̜̘͍͍̫̈́͌̒̔̊̂͘͘͜ ̧̨̛̱̟̜̠͓̝̜̜̭͋̽͛͋͌̌̊͒̍ͬͭ̓̉̒̽ͯ̄̚͘͡ṵ̷̵̸̤͖̺͚͂ͮ͋̒͟p̯̠̥̙̿̄̅̊̆̋̓̽̄͂ͬͤ͆͂̏̌̕͜͠ͅo̵̯̬̞̺͖̤̙̹͍̙̯͓̠͈̜͋ͪͤ̍͛̾̽͜͜n̷̴͙̦͔̘̺͚̘̤̠̲̫ͧͣ̑ͨͩ̽͌̓͜͢ ̧̡̨̣̥͚̺̞̲̻ͤ̐ͫ̆͗͒ͬ̄ͣ̆ͦ͊ͥͧ̿͂ͩͤ̚͟͝t̢̨̫͓̞̤͕̣̣͚̭͔̺͍̱̙̋ͦ̑̇̿͂ͫͥ͊̑͆̑̇͆̽ͥͫ̚ḧ̶̶̢̛̯̹̰͎̤̣͓̝̳͍͔͈͔̠́ͤ̍̎̀̅͊͘ḛ̵͉̹͈̗̰͔̟̦̹̰̤͆ͪ͂ͦ̐͢͟ ̈́̔̍ͩ̽̏̅́ͪ͐̔̄̃͡҉̨̝̗̻͓̭̳̝͉̹͖͖̺͎͢t̝͖̼̤̖̀̈̀̋̽̃͒̐̒͒ͪ̓̎̀͢͝ȋ̶̢̨̛̤̤̮̞̥̯͉͙̲͉̺̲̮ͣ̈́ͫ͐ͪͣ̓͛ͪ̋͒̐ͣ̓̕m̼̻̳̯̫͎͙̾ͤ̅̀͐ͩ̍̃͑ͫͪ̾͐ͧ̍ͣͧ̂͒͠͝ͅͅĕ̸̩̱͈͕͙̪̥̟̠̥̻̜̙̹̼̣̳̌̍̓ͨͥ̑̀̾͑̓ͤ̇͊̿͑̚̕͞ͅ
I've got an awkward confession to make. I still haven't played SOMA
Don't speak out loud.
What Darkfire wanted to say is:
I̮̠̙͙̝͚'ve̪͇̹̮͉̱ ̮͞go̻̝̞ͅt̶͔̻̩ ̧̥̜͚a̭ṉ ̭̖̣ͅa̻͚̣̱̫̹͟w̹̞̙̣k̗̰̕w̝̭̬̟͘á̪r̖̝̮̭͉d̯̙̼̪͕̦͜ͅ ̣͔̺͓̦c͍͈̻͉ͅo̩͍n̷͎̗͕̱̻͖̟f̬̩͓̮͕̤ḙ̴͕̘ͅs͍͈ͅs̶̪̦̣̝̤̹̱i̘̜̝̥o҉̜̮͔ṉ̘ ̠̗̗̻̬͖͜t̮̪̙̝̤o̝̰̜̯ ̬͚͉m҉̤̥̞͔a͓k̡̬̲e͙̼͇̦͜.̪̼̜ ̴I̙̼̟̙̣ ̛̥̯̱̗͈ś̘t̠͚͖̹̝i̛̱͈̪̜͓̞l͓͇̟l̸̠͉ ̗ḩ̣̮̻̤̝̥͇a͕̹͞v̜̳ͅe̟̬̜͕̖̞n̗̟͞'̶̘̪̠̟̭̮t̺̫ ̧̗̤̞̝̹̝p̵̭̝̥ĺ͖̙͈͎͍a̭̺̳̝̯̦y͍̳̖͕̙͖̦e͏̰̮͓̝̺̟d̞̺͚ ̸̣͉͕̹͔̰S̤͇̼̼̤͢O̗̣̥̱M͉̺̺̭̩̠̱̕A͖̥̩̥̼̠̣ ͖

Someone tell Jen or Thomas to enable advanced CAPTCHA for new accounts for posting.
You may or may not have noticed, but in the past week, some settings have been changed to try and lower the spam, or at least, the occurrences per user.

We've been talking about it behind the scenes, that's for sure.
I only noticed that it did not help much.

As far as I know myBB had the ability to set up captcha for new accounts (based on amount of posts + how long age they've made the account) ages ago. There is also few types of captcha, some of which bots either fail to bypass or have high error rate.
Pages: 1 2